Best Solutions Canon Printer Error Code 5B00
Canon is one of the leading-edge printers that have an extensive user base. It is ideal for both home and office printing needs. However, using a Canon printer is not free of errors. Some occur due to technical reasons; whereas, some are man-made errors, such as improper installation or maintenance of the Canon printer or its components. Canon printer error 5B00 is also an error in the list that occurs mainly due to the improper usage of the ink cartridge. Multiple other factors can also give birth to this error code. Well, you can’t escape from it once the error arrives. Read this post until the end to learn about the reasons and resolution of Canon printer error code 5B00.
What is Canon Print Error 5B00? Explained
Error 5B00 in the Canon printer is a common error code that appears when your printer’s cartridges have more and more ink spills. When you start your printer, it boots normally. However, when you attempt to print a document using the printer, the lamp starts blinking Green and Orange like 8-10 times. When trying to print a document from the computer, you will get an error message on your screen that reads – Support Code 5B00 a printer error has occurred. This “Canon printer not printing” issue can be annoying and therefore, you need to fix it using the relevant troubleshooting procedures.
Best Solutions to Eliminate Canon Printer Error Code 5B00
Now that you are familiar with the error code, below are some of the handy solutions that can save you from this technical nuisance:
Solution 1: Start Canon Printer in Service Mode
In the first place, you need to start your Canon printer in Service Mode. To do so, follow the below-given steps:
- Turn your Canon printer off and then turn it on to check if restarting resolves the error. If not, your printer needs repair.
- To repair your printer, you need to turn it off and set your printer into Service Mode.
- Now press and hold the power button for five seconds and then release it.
- Next, press the zoom button five times and if the 2 LEDs’ power is on, it means that the printer is already in Service Mode.
- Now from the Control Panel of your Windows computer, go to the Devices and Printer and you will see that the printer status is offline or not recognized by the device. It will be depicted as a new device.
- This solution is also effective in troubleshooting Canon printer error code 5800 that gives an error message – Canon Printer goes offline.
Solution 2: Check the Ink Level
The error is closely related to the overflowing ink levels; therefore, it is crucial to check the ink levels in the cartridges. Also, it should not be less than 50%. In such a case, you need to replace the cartridge to eliminate the existing error. To check the ink level:
- In the first place, you need to click on the start button on your device.
- Next, type “Devices and Printers” in the specified search area.
- Moving ahead, click on the “Devices and printers’ option and it will show the list of connected printers.
- Here, click on the canon printer icon and move to the next step.
- Now on the maintenance tab, click on the “View printer status”.
- You will now see the Canon status monitor window opening along with the image of the ink status to check the ink level in each tank.
- Also, you may click on the link details to get detailed information on the ink.
These steps will help you in determining the ink levels in your printer so that you can rectify an erroneous condition.
Solution 3: Reset Your Canon Printer
If Canon printer error 5B00 continues to trouble, resetting the Canon printer might help. Below are the steps:
- Turn off your printer completely by plugging out the power cable and then plug it back. Turn the printer’s power on.
- Wait until the printer starts itself. Once the printer is turned on, you will see that the green-coloured LED will stop blinking.
- Next, press and hold the Stop button until the Orange light blinks 5 times. After that, release the button.
- The reset process is complete now. Check if the error is resolved by printing a test job. If not, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Utilize Canon Service Tool Program
Canon service tool is an important utility that helps to resolve the common issues related to your printer. If none of the solutions fixes the Canon printer error code 5B00, you need to reset the Canon printer to the factory settings.
- Install and run the Canon Service Tools program.
- Now go to the EEPROM tab and then click on EEPROM status before initiating the reset process on your printer.
- Next, it will ask you about the paper source tray. Here, it will be set to “rear tray” by default. You will now see a notification on your screen that states – A function was finished.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get the job accomplished.
- After that, turn your printer off and on and you are good to go.
- Now visit canon.com/ijsetup and download the Canon printer software driver again.
To end things off!
We hope this comprehensive post helps you in eradicating the Canon printer error 5B00. You need to perform the discussed solutions carefully. On facing technical difficulties in performing the steps, you can contact our experienced team. On connecting, you can get all your queries resolved related to the error code 5B00 in the Canon printer. Besides, our professionals will also guide you with preventive care to keep the annoying printer errors at bay.