Canon IJ Network Tool
Canon IJ Network Tool is an important utility in the printers manufactured by Canon including laser and inkjet printers. To use the application, you need to connect your printer with a USB in the first place. Once done, you can locate it with the help of the tool. Once located, the setting up of the printer can be done using the “Configuration” button.
When in the Canon IJ Network tool configuration dialogue, you can modify various network settings. The list includes wireless connection settings as well. To do so, you need to enter the Network name SSID and the password. Besides, other network settings can also be configured using the tool. However, when configuring these settings, you need to avoid printing anything.
Canon IJ Network Tool Download
Canon IJ Network Tool download is licensed as freeware for Windows 32-bit and 64-bit. It means you don’t need to spend a single penny to complete the download. You can download it on your preferred PC or laptop with the given specification without any restriction. The 22.214.171.124 version of the tool is available to all the users of the software as freeware for Windows. After downloading the tool, you need to install it on your device to reap its amazing features.
Things to Keep In Mind before Using IJ Network Tool in Canon
Now that you have a brief idea about the tool, you can utilize it to configure your network settings. However, before harvesting its benefits, you need to consider the below-given points:
- If you want to use the tool for the LAN setup of your printer, you need to have the required equipment, such as Network Access Point (modem/router), and LAN cable handy with you.
- To make the tool work, you need to verify your printer’s connectivity via LAN connection. After that, check your LAN cable and also look for cuts or scratches on the cable.
- Before putting the Canon IJ Network Tool to work, make sure that your printer is not performing any function, such as scanning, printing, copying, and various others. If so, you need to wait until the printer finishes the ongoing task.
- Once, the tool is in use, avoid using the printer for any of its basic functions, such as printing, copying, or scanning.
- If the printer’s security software Firewall is enabled, you may receive a warning message, which states that your Canon printer’s software tries to connect to the available network. In such a case, you need to enable access to the Canon IJ Network Tool.
- You may not be able to switch the account from within the utility tool. To do so, you need to exit the software in the first place and then switch the user account.
Procedure to Download & Install IJ Network Tool in Canon
To utilize the tool, you need to download and install it on your device in the first place. For the Canon IJ Network Tool download, follow the below-given steps with full care and attention:
- Launch your Internet browser and go to the Canon support page.
- Now utilize the search option on the page to find your specific Canon product.
- Once the product window opens, try to locate a download link for your printer’s driver located underneath the Canon Printer Drivers and Download section.
- Once found, hit the Download tab and it will download the driver on your device.
- After the completion of the download procedure, move ahead with the installation of the driver.
- Go to the download location, and double-click the downloaded file to initiate the installation procedure.
- Follow the instructions given on your screen with full care.
- During the ongoing installation, you will see a software selection window. Here, you need to mark the checkbox for IJ Network Tool.
- Following this series of actions will lead to the successful installation of the Canon IJ Network Tool on your device.
How to Access Canon IJ Network Tool?
Once the tool is successfully downloaded and installed on your device, you can run the tool on your PC. To do so, you need to access the tool on your device. It will allow you to configure the network settings on your device. The location of the tool may vary based on the operating system you are using on your computer. In such a case, following the below-given steps will help you in accessing the Canon IJ Network Tool on your device.
How to access the tool for Windows Users?
If you are a Windows user, follow the below-given steps to access the IJ Network Tool on your device:
- First of all, navigate to the Start menu on your Windows OS PC. Alternatively, you can press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Next, move to All Programs and look for the available options to locate Canon Network Utilities.
- Once found, click to open it.
- In the end, go to the IJ Network tool.
- An alternative way to access the tool is directly typing the name in the search field.
How to access the Canon IJ Network Tool for Mac Users?
If you are a Mac user, perform the below-given steps:
- On your Mac PC, click on the Finder icon to check for the software.
- Now from within the Go menu, open the applications and it will open a window with the list of all the installed applications on your device.
- Locate and click on the IJ Network Tool folder.
- When the folder opens, click on the tool icon to open it.
Why am I unable to access the Canon IJ Network Tool?
This post elaborates a comprehensive sequence of downloading, installing and accessing the IJ network tool. If you are facing trouble in any of the steps, or are unable to access the tool after installing it on your device, reach out to our experienced professionals to get the relevant assistance. It will not only save your time and efforts but let you access the tool with the utmost ease. Once the tool is accessible, you can utilize it to configure your network settings based on your specific requirements.