Canon IJ Scan Utility
Canon IJ Scan Utility is a software program that Windows and Mac users can use to scan their photos and documents with the utmost ease. It enables users to perform a smooth scanning of their data just with a few clicks.
Furthermore, it offers an incredible scanning experience to the users, thanks to its outstanding interactive features. If you want to access this utility for your day-to-day scanning needs, you need to perform the IJ Scan Utility download in the first place. Here, we will discuss an intelligible procedure to download, install and run IJ Scan Utility so that you can harvest its amazing features. Let’s start!
About Canon IJ Scan Utility
IJ Scan Utility offers several options to help you with your document scanning. Besides, it has three modes of scanning, which are – Auto Mode, Document Mode, and Photo Mode.
The Auto Mode of the scanning lets you scan the documents with the default settings. Alternatively, if you choose the Document Mode for scanning, you can get your documents scanned with improved readability. In the end, using the Photo Mode helps you to get the best quality of your photo scanned.
The documents or images you scan using the Canon IJ Scan Utility get saved on your system’s Preset Folder automatically. However, you can change the location based on your specific requirements.
If you want to use the scanned documents with other applications, such as email, or PowerPoint Presentations, this utility enables seamless integration with third-party applications.
How to Perform the IJ Scan Utility Download for Windows?
To download the utility on your device, you need to perform the below-given steps:
- First of all, go to the Canon Support Page.
- From within the page, locate the search box and type your model name in it and a list will appear on your screen.
- Make sure that “Drivers” is selected in the following screen. You can verify it by confirming that it is highlighted in red. Also, you need to ensure that your computer OS is selected in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Next, you need to locate the MP Driver and click the download option located next to it.
- Wait for the download process to finish.
- Now go to the download location and double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation.
What is the Correct Setup Installation Procedure for IJ Scan Utility?
There are two ways to install the utility on your device. You may utilize the CD you get along with the purchased package of your Canon printer. Alternatively, you can do it via the official Canon Support page on your Internet browser. Both are successful ways of the setup installation of the utility on your device and are explained below:
1: Setup Installation of Canon IJ Scan Utility Using a CD
To install the setup of the scan utility using a CD, you will need to perform the below-given steps with full care:
- Furth of all, you need to insert the CD into the CD drive on your system and it will open a setup dialogue box on your screen.
- Next, hit on Setup and you will see the main program window opening on your screen.
- Here, you need to attach a USB cable to your computer and your Canon printer/scanner to form a connection between the two devices.
- If you are using a wireless printer, you need to set up a wireless connection.
- Now you will be seeing a list of software. Here, you need to checkmark the box for MP drivers. It includes the Canon IJ Scan Utility software.
- Moving ahead, click Yes on the license agreement page to give your consent.
- Wait for the installation procedure to complete and click Finish once it is done.
2: Setup Installation of Canon IJ Scan Utility Via The Website
To get the task accomplished via the website, follow the below stated steps:
- First of all, you need to go to the Canon Support page to initiate the procedure.
- Next, enter the Canon printer/scanner model name or number in the search box.
Note: If you are unable to recall your model number, checking the label at the rear of the device can help.
- When typing your device’s name in the specified area, you will see a list of devices below. Here, you need to select your device’s name from the appeared list.
- After that, click on the Drivers & Downloads tab to initiate the installation process.
- Next, check the selected OS in the Drivers & Downloads section.
Note: If you are attempting the installation on your Mac OS, select the right Canon IJ Scan Utility mac version. If you are installing it for Windows, select your Windows version.
- Proceeding further, hit the Select button and then on Download. It will initiate the downloading of the Canon IJ Scan utility.
- Once the download is completed, go to the download location and double-click on the downloaded file to initiate the installation. It will open the main screen of the program.
- In the end, you need to set up a connection between your PC and printer/scanner.
- Once done, checkmark the box against MP drivers and it will start the installation of setup on your PC.
How to Run Canon IJ Scan Utility?
Now that you have installed the utility on your device, you can run it using a few simple steps. However, the steps may vary for different versions of the Windows OS. For instance, below are the steps to run the utility on Windows 10:
- Go to the Start menu and then select All Apps. It will open the list of the installed applications on the screen.
- In the same window, you need to select Canon Utilities.
- In the end, you need to select IJ Scan Utility.
Note: If you are unable to locate the utility, you can also type IJ Scan Utility in the search bar to find it.
What To Do On Having Trouble With The Canon IJ Scan Utility Setup Installation?
The download and install procedure for the IJ scan utility can be technically challenging; especially for those who are not tech-savvy. In such a case, you can reach out to our experts and discuss your issues in detail. On connecting, you can get comprehensive assistance from the experts based on your varied queries.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
How can I clean the ink cartridges of the Canon Pixma TS9120 printer?
To ensure the proper print quality from the printers, it is recommended to occasionally clean the inkjet cartridges and the nozzles of the printer. Now, to clean the ink cartridges, on your PC, Go to the Start > Settings > Printers and Faxes. Then select the printer’s name and click on the properties > Service > Clean the Print cartridge icon. At last, click on OK, to clean the ink nozzles.
Can I send a fax with Canon Pixma TS 9120?
Canon Pixma TS 9120 does not allow its users to send a fax. Although, the higher versions of Canon printers have inbuilt features of sending faxes.
Can I print cardstock with the help of Canon Pixma TS 9120?
However, Canon TS 9120 doesn’t show the feature of cardstock in the drop-down selections. But, you can easily print cardstock with the help of a printer. To do so, change the paper settings to “High-Resolution Paper” and after that, you can print multiple cardstocks with the help of this printer.
What can I expect to get within the box of Pixma TS 9120?
Inside the box of Canon Pixma TS 9120, you will get
- Canon Pixma TS9120 Wireless Printer
- CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc Printing Tray
- 4" x 6" Photo Paper Sample Pack including 3 sheets
- Printer Driver setup in CD-ROM
- Original set of Ink Cartridges from Canon
- Power and other USB cables
How many pixels does the scanner in the Canon Pixma TS 9120 can support?
Canon Pixma TS 9120 offers 2400 X 4800 dpi resolution for scanning documents or pages. Apart from that, it provides a color depth of 16 bit (per RGB channel) internally and 8 bit externally (per RGB channel).